Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Everything with You

I think that I must be living under a rock because all that I’ve been listening to of late are albums that I’ve had in the collection for a while. What’s going on 2008? With the exception of School of Seven Bells’ Alpinisms and Cut Copy’s Ghost Colours -- it might as well be 2001 for me. I’m hoping for something big to WOW me in 2009.

One album that everyone should take a listen to this coming February is the full-length debut album by the Pains of Being Pure at Heart. They are currently on tour in the UK supporting The Wedding Present. A dose of dreamy noise pop never hurt anyone!

Check out their latest single and video:

Early 2009 Tour Dates
2/7 - New York City - Mercury Lounge *#
2/8 - Philadelphia, PA - Kung Fu Necktie *
2/9 - Washington, DC - Black Cat Backstage *
2/11 - Chicago, IL - Schubas *
2/12 - Toronto, ON - Neutral *
2/15 - Boston, MA - Middle East *

* = w/ The Depreciation Guild
# = w/ Cause Co-Motion!

And on a final note, as I come out of blogging hibernation I must declare that as a native New Yorker, I never thought that I would say this…but I would rather brave the frigid cold in Minneapolis this weekend to go to Too Much Love and dance than to forfeit myself to the mellow weekends that I’ve been having recently. But yes, it’s true. I want to go to a dance party and really DANCE! Where is the dance? My Cousin Roy is bringing the dance this weekend to the Twin Cities.


I also welcome suggestions of what I should take a listen to. SHARE WITH US!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger KEEHNAN said...

thank you for making this blog a little less gay.

5:07 PM  
Blogger KKH said...

I try every now and then. xx

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you heard the Metronomy album? It's, like, all hits. It's looking like the top spot '08 for me.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i second the metronomy..

not a fan of friendly fires? ladyhawke? the black ghosts?

i'm always in the mood to dance...

also agree with school of seven bells.

oh- - and listen to passion pit.

11:10 PM  
Blogger KKH said...

Ahh thank you for the suggestions! I will be checking out the Metronomy album and I've seen Friendly Fires live once before with Little Boots and so I'll revisit that album.

As for Black Ghosts - we love them!

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CUT COPY!!!!!

7:21 PM  
Anonymous raf said...

thanks for sharing.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home